Monday, April 23, 2012

too close for comfort


Week 8. Option 1: After reading "Effects of Sexual Assault," (http://www.rainn.org/get-information/effects-of-sexual-assault) what are some possible long-term effects survivors have to deal with? Do you think this is the case in all situations? How could these effects make it difficult to get back to a "normal" college life?

 
What does she have to live with?

What could he have to live with?

Waking up in the morning is difficult. You'd never think so. But it is.
 
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder..... I jump at any noise or anyone coming up behind me if I don't see them. I have images. They come out of nowhere...in the middle of the day. And make me sick.
Self-Harm, Sleep Disorders, Eating disorders....I can't eat. I can't sleep. I can't take this. I would rather not think. I would rather not live.
Self-Injury....Feeling this is better than feeling that.
Depression... I can't get out of bed in the morning. No, I don't want to hang out with you guys. No I don't want to go to class. I can't move. 

andon. and on. andon. and on. andon... it goes.


I think these things are very common for survivors of sexual assault. they aren't necessarily the case for every single person, as every person is different and every situation is different. But regardless they are ALL very difficult things to endure.
Difficult to come back to college life?

You can't even imagine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment