Monday, April 23, 2012

after dark


Week 9.Option 1: Have separate conversations with a male friend and a female friend about how safe they feel on campus at night. What reasons did each give for their feelings? Do you think their opinions are representative of the rest of the student body?

For my results, I will not being names, as a respect for the people spoke with. 2 Females and 1 man.

Man:

"Very safe! Because its BG and I'm a big strong man!"

Woman #1: 

"Very safe. Although I'm smart and use common sense. I go for runs at night and I have never felt threatened... I stay in lit areas and make sure I always have my phone on me." 

Woman #2:

"I hate walking alone at night. I don't feel safe. Even though its BG that doesn't mean nothing will ever happen. Things always happen...everywhere. My heart pounds if I see anyone near me."

As you can see, our responses vary widely between all three of the people I asked. I actually think this is perfect because I think in terms of being representative of the rest of the student body, I am almost positive that there is a wide variety of level of sense of security among students. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment