Monday, April 23, 2012

Speaking


Week 13. Option 2: Following your last Impromptu Speaking presentation, describe how you felt. What have you improved upon during the semester so far? What still needs work? Where can you get public speaking practice in everyday life?

Speaking... I do it every day!

But when you tell me to speak intentionally infront of a group of people where I will be tested. All the suddent its like my brain stops working.

 I don't want to speak! Don't make me do it!

At least thats how I felt at the beginning of the semester.
After my last Impromtu Speaking presentation, I felt much more confident. I felt like I could do this....giving speaches. I knew that I still have a lot of improvement, but I had learned techniques and in general just gotten much more comfortable with being "center-stage".  It was very encouraging.

I have improved on thinking things through when I am in front of a group. 

I have improved on my confidence and belief that I could do it.

I have improved on the structure of a speech. 

I have improved on self-awareness while speaking to a group.

I still need to work on 

preparing before-hand.
interacting with the audience.
speaking on the correct material and being knowledgeable of that material.
and continue working on self-confidence.

I can get public speaking practice in every day life by challenging myself to not shy away from opportunities to do speeches...by being a PEER EDUCATOR ;) and by asserting myself more in conversation and practicing self-confidence.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment