Monday, April 23, 2012

eating disorder. disordered eating. whats the difference?


week 12. Option 1: What is the difference between 'disordered eating' and an 'eating disorder'?

disordered eating is a lack of balance.. it may be sporadic eating. less time for healthy eating routines. 

skip breakfast... running late...
grab a snack after class...
run to my next class. 
grabe lunch (at 2 pm)
CHAOS. 
disorder. 
when do i eat? 
I have no time!
But i'm so hungry!
I want to eat! 
Shouldve packed my lunch.


and on it goes! The hectic life of most college students or just really busy people. 

on the flip side.

I feel fat. 
my clothes don't fit right. 
I hate everything happening in my life.
Why can't I look skinny like her.
No...I can't go to that party...they will have food there.
Food makes me nervous...

and on it goes....

you see, the difference is really a mental state (at least at the beginning). Even if both of these things have the outcome of eating less. One is a very serious mental condition and perception, and the other is frankly a lack of time management or just a really overwhelming schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment