Thursday, October 27, 2011

Art for a poor college student...

 Art...I really dig it. 

However I don't have the means to buy tons and tons of super sweet crafty things all the time. So, I must improvise :)



Here's some fun little lamps I put together.... all for a gran total of about $1.00..... ;)


 Before.....
After........
I made this flower out of an old yellow shirt that I couldn't remember wearing within the last 2 years. So I cut it up and made something new out of something quite old. :)



I got 2 plain white lamp shades last summer at a garage sale... for like 50 cents or something. I just knew I would want to use them for something someday...
 Then I added a little color and a little love :) 
Aren't these colors fun? I love green and yellow :) They may or may not be my wedding colors ;)








 I found some different (and quite random) things to use as the stand of the lamp....turned a refrigerator and a laundry basket flipped upside down with a sheet over it into night stands.....  and voila! 


There we go. Some color, some funk and some fun for the bare corners of my RA dorm room. :)

1 comment:

  1. i love this! I have a shirt that I want to make the rosettes with. great idea.

    ReplyDelete